Senior software engineer
Tines is an exciting and well-funded early-stage start-up, building an automation product to make security teams’ lives easier. Based in Dublin, Ireland, Tines is backed by some of the world’s most respected investors and is helping companies like Box.com, Auth0 and McKesson be more effective and efficient.
We're looking for talented software engineers at a range of experience levels and at every layer of the stack to join our small but accomplished engineering team. We need your help to take the Tines automation platform from a product with lots of potential and great early-traction to a category-defining “must have”.
This role is about more than writing code. As an early team member, you'll have our support to become an influential voice in shaping our product, our technical direction and how we work. You'll use your understanding of the possibilities of software and automation to influence a product that brings this power to non-software engineers. You'll use your skills to ship exciting new features while enhancing our scalability, security and availability. You'll use your experience to define our engineering culture.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Tines you will:
- Work together with other engineers, designers and product managers to turn our bold product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap.
- Help with prioritisation, identifying where we can be pragmatic and judicious in the use of our time and where we need to invest heavily.
- Ship features and products that our customers can’t get enough of.
- Write high quality, well tested code and build well architected, reliable systems to give our customers confidence that the workflows they depend on are in safe hands.
- Identify areas for improvement in how we work, and in the code base, and share the responsibility to make us better.
- Mentor other engineers, supporting them and sharing the benefits of your experience to help them to get to the next level.
- Own the problems you’re solving - and the software you write to solve them - all the way to production and beyond, responding to customer feedback to improve those solutions.
- You should have a track record of delivering innovative solutions to customer problems. You should see different technologies as a means to an end and be well practiced at hunting for a solution through unfamiliar domains.
- You should make the teams you are on more effective as a whole and recognise that "soft-skills" like building interpersonal relationships, collaboration and empathy - for both teammates and customers - are the traits that define a senior engineer far more than the ability to architect systems and write good code.
- You need to be very capable with at least one programming language and have some experience with other languages and programming paradigms. They don’t need to be languages that we use at Tines. We value curiosity and the ability to learn over familiarity with our current tools. FWIW, our existing stack is: Rails, Postgres and Redis with React and Typescript on the frontend. We also use the Tines platform as much as possible.
- You should be comfortable with an environment where things move quickly. As an early stage start-up we’re still putting together all of the processes and supports of larger, more mature companies - your input will help us shape them.
- You should have prior experience of operating at a senior level as a professional software engineer and be able to come join us full time at our offices in Dublin.
We’re young and still figuring out the benefits that matter most to you. Here’s what we have so far, if there’s something you care about that’s not listed, let us know:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible working hours
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave program
- Mobile device reimbursement
- 25 days of annual paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement for career development courses